Dre Sara Laflamme is one of the LASER dentists on the island working with a specialized team of different healthcare medical doctors, registered nurses, lactation consultants, pediatric chiropractors and osteopaths to help babies with breastfeeding and other issues caused by lip and tongue-ties. She also has a specialized training in oral myofunctional therapy from the KM Academy in Toronto. She can help older children and adults who suffer from tongue-tie.
If you or your infant have more than a few of these symptoms, even with good weight gain, your child should be properly evaluated for a tongue- and lip-tie.
- Poor latch
- Poor weight gain
- Reflux or frequent spitting up
- Frequent gassiness and fussiness
- Clicking or smacking noises when eating
- Dribbling milk out of mouth
- Frustration when eating
- Inability to hold a pacifier
- Prolonged nursing or bottle-feeding sessions
- Painful nursing
- Creased or flattened nipples
- Blistered or cut nipples
- Incomplete breast drainage
- Plugged ducts or mastitis
- Inability to nurse without using a nipple shield
- Decreased milk supply
Dre Laflamme and her team are on top of science for the global and future health of your children. Contact us for an evaluation from the first days of your child's life!